Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"Breakfast out never taste as good as breakfast from your kitchen"


Father's Day, Breakfast and Dinner!


When I asked the father of our household what he wanted to do for Father's day, asking, if he wanted to go out for breakfast or have me make him something,  his comment was, "breakfast out never taste as good as breakfast from your kitchen"! He asked for Waffles.
I have had so much Zucchini from our garden, as well as, our CSA! I am making things with Zucchini all the time! So, of course, I would be adding them to the waffle mix!

Gluten Free Zucchini Waffles and The Perfect Egg Dish!


I was so excited to have picked fresh Blueberries just the day before for a perfect topping to our Zucchini Waffles. What about protein? Egg poached, egg scrambled, fried egg, egg omelet? Then I had an idea! I had some bacon and I didn't want to just cook it up in a pan..boring! So, I made up a really delish egg dish! FYI, all the recipes of the day are GLUTEN FREE !

While I was busy cooking in the kitchen Jon David, Ethan and Ocean Grace were in the front lawn flying a kite! It was such a great way to start the day! And just enough wind for it.






Perfect Egg Dish!
Gluten Free :)

So, what was this perfect egg dish? The easiest egg dish EVER!There are only 4 of us so, i made only 6 in my wonderful muffin pan from pampered chef...:)


Ingredients:


6 Bacon
6 eggs
Parmesan cheese, shredded
mushrooms chunks
basil leaves

There is a lot of stuff you could use with this idea, I can't wait to try them out! Such as, feta, goat cheese, spinach, sun dried tomatoes etc. You can see that this dish, too, is Gluten free!




Place your bacon slices in the muffin cups against the walls, creating a circle. Bacon makes a lot of grease..so, i think you can just count on that and not add any extra oil.
Break an egg into the center of the bacon wrap that you just created. I used my finger to push mushroom chunks into the egg white. If your basil leaves are huge then break them into thirds and punch them into the egg whites with your finger, also. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake in Oven at $400 for 10-15 minutes or until yolk is at your desired doneness. Take it out of oven to serve and place a super small basil leaf into egg and Parmesan for a nice look!


The finished "perfect egg dish"


This is round one of the kids serving. I think they had 2 or 3 whole waffles!


It was such a hot day so, we decided to fill the day with swimming, buying daddy some much needed new shoes and Jon David's favorite, Pink Berry for a before dinner treat! Ha ha ha, i guess when it is Father's Day, you get to do what you like! 
Every Dad seems to like Grilled dinners, such as, Hamburgers and Hot Dogs! So, tonight's menu was simple but, filling and healthy delish!


Hamburgers with Gluten Free Buns and a side of Zucchini Mint Coleslaw

Believe it or not, this is my 5 yr old hamburger, and yes, he ended up giving it to Daddy and having a hot dog with pickles! LOL
We loved these gluten free buns. They were TOTALLY just like a regular bun to me! We got ours on sale at Whole Foods.

While I was making this dinner, i served Jon David with a very impulsive refreshing cocktail! I wish it wasn't so yummy that we slurped them down before I thought to take a photo!
Mine, of course, had to have the extra pickles and extra Jalapeno and a fresh CSA veggies on top! I had already added them to the patty before cooking. Can't wait till my very own peppers are ready to be picked, since this still wasn't very spicy for me!
The Zucchini Slaw was made from CSA veggies too and mint from my garden.

Nothing like a few kisses to top the Father's Day celebrations!

Happy Father's Day to all your wonderful Dad's!

No comments:

Post a Comment